Tagging- not the thing where you slap the ninny outta the class nerd in a friendly playground game...not the artwork boldly scrawled upon the dumpster in the alley behind your house...
tagging....this thing where someone tells you things about themselves that you didn't even know you wanted to know...but strangely having known you now feel closer to them in an absurd yet quirky kinda fun way so why the heck not?!
I have been tagged.
I will now tell you strange things about myself and invite you to reciprocate except I get to ask the questions. I will not be tagging anyone (tho slapping the ninny outta a few people does hold it's charms) as I do not have eleven readers...or if I do they certainly don't speak up with any amount of dependability. (you know who you are)
So, without further ado....(spell check says ado...I thought it was adeau...)
Here are my 11 things...
(questions provided by Katrina over at http://notesonanapkin.wordpress.com/)
1. If you won a gift certificate good for a year’s service from either a maid or a private chef, which one would you choose?
-Maid. My slaves...er....children do a fine job. But they are only kids and they are easily distracted. Those dust bunnies in the corner may soon join forces and smother us in our sleep.
So I choose maid. It would be nice to have the house really clean on a regular basis. sigh.
That private chef thing is for the future because, for now, my incredibly talented daughter does all the cooking for the family. We eat like kings. When she decides she has had enough of this gig and if she does not train one of her siblings, I will be hiring a chef. I am so not kidding.
-One time in kindergarten I wiped a booger (or two) on the back of the dress of the princess that sat in front of me in childrens' church. I did not like how she looked at me. And I needed a place to put my booger(s). It was out of character because I knew good and well that it was very unhygienic for me to wipe my booger on her dress. I mean seriously, I didn't wash my hands afterward or anything.
-no. I am afraid to leave the country for fear of accidentally telling someone that their butt looks so pretty. (my spanish teacher told me to be careful how I say "dog" )
4. If someone gave you $500 on the condition that you somehow use it to help someone in need, how would you spend it?
-No Way Out. Kevin Costner
Wait...Children of the Corn. Still haunts me.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
-what is this word guilt?
-I love black eyed peas. Especially when they have a little spice to them. I have never eaten fugee. Is it like tofu?
-I cannot remember a time in my life when I had a choice between two or more roads. I guess I am blessed to have had a pretty clear direction in life. Now if we start talking about paths I would choose for other people...welllllll now...where should I begin.
-I would like to fly. But only if the superpower came with super eyes that did not dry out in the wind. And super teeth that were kinda teflon coated or something cuz bugs...ewwww.
I am just practical like that.
11. Do you have a weird body quirk? What is it?
-I have a lazy eye. Is that quirky?
Now that I have answered the questions given to me I shall commence with the asking...
(you might want to gather some supplies)
ready? here goes...
1. If you had to choose between mustard and ketchup which would you choose? Would your answer remain the same if I told you that you had to drink an entire bottle?
2. Besides Jesus, who would you pick to amputate your limb if it had to be done without anesthesia?
3. What three things would you take with you if you were going to be locked in a closet for 1 week? Elaborate please.
4. If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose?
5. Have you ever, as an adult, told a bald faced lie to keep yourself out of trouble? (please elaborate....please, please, please...but keep it clean) (you know who you are)
6. If you had the opportunity to go on one of those shows where you step back in time and live the life of pioneers, or servants, or war-time type folks...would you do it? without whining? or cheating?
7. Last desert on earth. (not the sandy kind...the yummy kind...did I spell it right?) Anyway...last one. Ever. Your favorite. Do you eat it all right now or save it and nibble a little at a time?
8. If you could describe your life in a country song, what would you title it?
9. If someone offered you one million dollars to eat a live roach would you do it? Would you eat 10 for 10 million?
10. The Monkeys or the Beatles?
11. Have you ever found yourself saying the exact thing that you swore you would never...ever...say? Did you laugh or grimace?
whew! That was so hard. Talk amongst ya-selves.
Now the rules say that I must tell you 11 things about myself.
1. I am addicted to angry birds. Or was until my children and husband got ahold of my game and now I can't remember which level I am on and they are seriously harshin my chill. irrggghhhhh!
2. When I get a new appliance/electronic toy and it has a plastic coating that you get to peel off to reveal a scratch free shiny surface I like to be the one to peel that plastic off. If someone else does it I may or may not have a hissy.
3. I would like to try to live the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Maybe not her whole life in real time. But a compressed timeline over a year or something. Something challenging.
4. I did not name one of my children until a week after he was born. Had to try some on to see what fit.
5. If you try to make me eat brussels sprouts I will probably clamp my lips shut and bite them closed. I had a bad experience, ok?!
6. I would love to know how to pick locks like Remington Steele.
7. I have a crazy fear of drowning on a cruise ship. Other boats don't really bother me. (Titanic was not really a good movie for me.) Strangely enough...I am somewhat mesmerized by the actual Titanic history and stuff.
8. When I was a child I always named my barbies names that could be mistaken for boys. This was so they could be working fixing a car or building a house and someone would mistake them for a guy and say like..."hey! they told me to find Bob so he could fix my carberator, know where I can find him?" And then the barbie would take her hat off and flick her hair and they would be all surprised. (I may or may not have watched a lot of Charlies Angels as a kid)
9. Sometimes I find my life stories have strange connections to tv shows from my childhood.I find it pitiful that while I may forget my kid's birthday, I remember Jan's party fiasco when she wore the big fro wig so she wouldn't be all "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!"
10. I want to go to Hawaii and to Disneyland. Really. Badly. I can not emphasize this enough.
11. The Gambler is one of my favorite songs of all time. I know all the words. When the part comes "He turned back toward the window...and in his final words I found an ace that I could keep..." I feel myself tear up.
Well folks...that's it.
Jump in here and answer a few questions or comment on a few of mine.
"There'll be time enough for countin....when the dealin's done."