could be anything. might be nothing. might make you think. could make you wish I would stop.
breathe people...everything is easier when you breathe!

4.01.2013

have a little choc'lit Jesus

I am participating in a drawing challenge this month. One drawing per day.
So, for the next 30 days you will have the opportunity to be both amazed at my word wit AND awed by my artistic prowess...at the same time!
I know.
It is almost too good to be true.

Today we start with Muppet.
My drawing challenge co-participant/ leader has defined it as: those characters from Sesame Street...or the Muppet Show...or there bouts. (paraphrase mine)
People in animal costume? I say yes.

At first I panicked thinking I could not meet the challenge. Then I relaxed when I remembered that I already had a drawing prepared.
Technically that is cheating. But who's to know, right?

I call this...
Just a little choc'lit Jesus*





It pretty much sums up how I feel about Easter.

I do want to say here that this is in no way meant to insult or degrade Jesus and His resurrection. I am very much a believer in that.

This is just a picture commentary on new dresses, candied rabbit poo, babies shoving each other out of the way for prizes, and every dag-blamed plastic easter trinket I have had to pitch to the landfill.

I could talk about commercialization, pagan rituals, compartmentalizing our life with God, systematically poisoning our children through socially acceptable cult-style brainwashing, the evils of that psychedelic easter grass...
or we could just look at the picture and be horrified as satirical waves wash over us again and again and again. 

One brilliant friend of mine described easter egg hunts as "hunger games for the kiddies".
(that would be a beautiful drawing in and of itself)

easter. just one more of those grin and bear it things that make me wish for a yurt.

*for those confused by the title "Just a little choc'lit Jesus"...

there is a song that they sing in the church of my youth.the words go like this...

Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And he will answer by and by
When you feel a little painful yearning
and your heart unto heaven is turning
You can have a little talk with Jesus
Makes it right.

To a child...havin a little choc'lit Jesus sounds like THE best thing you could possibly imagine.
Plus, once you have heard the alternative lyrics, you can never, ever sing the song the correct way again.

Not every day of this challenge can be filled with such uplifting commentary. But I will try.
I know that excites you.

Join all my drawing comrades...for the next exciting episode of....

 http://donhillson.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/30-day_part2.png

Our other participants: click their names to see their work
Don Hillson

Niki Nowell
Bill Davis
GirlyGeeky
Free2B2Much
Notes From The Backseat
Marilyn Quinsaat [posting on Facebook]
Kimmy Haines [posting on Facebook]
Karen Haines
(no url provided; will update)

See you tomorrow!!






1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Love the crown of thorns casually slung over the ear.

    And thanks for doing the challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete